The Silver Cassia
- Silver Cassia is a silvery shrub 1-2m high or 3-6 feet. Silver Cassia flowers in winter with vibrant yellow flowers.
- Silver Cassias are long living plants that must endure all the worst conditions a desert can offer. To avoid losing too much water Silver Cassias have narrow leaves which mean there are few stomates through which water can escape.
- The sweetly scented flowers are in a cluster and they have round yellow petals.
- This plant is named after the Greek goddess Artemis, whose statue was cast in silver. Cassias are legumes like peas.
- Edible grubs can be found in the roots. The leaves are boiled to produce a medicinal wash.